Ngā Tohutohu ToroVisiting Guidelines
- Advance bookings are essential.
- Complete the Booking Enquiry Form online.
- Confirmation of bookings with pre- and post-visit material and visiting guidelines information (including RAMS learning intention forms) will be sent via email. You can download the Risk Assessment Management Strategy (RAMS) form here.
- On arrival for the lesson the teacher will receive an evaluation form, which is to be completed before leaving.
For more information on education visits please contact us on 06-759 6710 or email@example.com.
All lessons run for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
For multiple classes visiting Puke Ariki, we can deliver a rotation of educator-led programmes. These can include integrated lessons with Discover it! (Children’s library), Te Pua Wānanga o Taranaki/Taranaki Research Centre (years 9 -13) and/or the Govett-Brewster Art Gallery/Len Lye Centre.
There is no charge for Taranaki schools. There is a small charge of $5 per student (subject to change) for schools outside the Taranaki region.
Adult to Child Ratios
Puke Ariki needs to meet the correct adult to student ratio under the Health & Safety Act (2015) and the Vulnerability of Children Act (2014). Puke Ariki reserves the right to postpone lessons until the correct number of adults are present. Additional adult support may be required for students with individual or behavioural needs. Please note adults with pre-schoolers are welcome but are not included in the adult/student ratio, or as adult support.
These are our current ratios.
Additional Support for Students
Please let us know prior to your visit if you have students with special requirements so we can provide the best learning experience for them. We can provide these resources to assist students who have anxiety issues or other conditions.
- Social Story: Autism friendly Puke Ariki: A printable resource to prepare students for a trip to the museum.
- Earmuffs: For noise reduction.
- Sensory Maps: A printable resource marking high and low sensory areas.
Professional Learning Opportunites for Schools
Puke Ariki can provide professional learning opportunities for teachers. Please contact us for more information.
Be aware that photographs of teachers and students may be taken during your visit to Puke Ariki to be used in promotional material and on the website. If permission for this is not granted, please inform us BEFORE your visit.