Volunteers play a very special role at Puke Ariki. They add value and support to the work done in both the museum and the library. Their passion, skills and creativity help us reach out to the community in ways we would not be able to without their help.
What do Volunteers do at Puke Ariki?
Volunteers work for both Puke Ariki Library and Museum.
Library volunteers organise the Housebound Readers Service. They select and deliver books to people who can not visit the library because of age, illness or disability. You can volunteer as a:
- Housebound Reader Book Selector
- Housebound Reader Courier.
What is expected of volunteers?
The amount of time required for the roles varies but a commitment to the job is expected. Some roles require a police check. Reliability and a willingness to adhere to a Code of Conduct and Health and Safety Regulations is a must
How do I apply to be a volunteer?
- Complete an application form.
- Complete page 2 of Section 1 and pages 3 and 4 of Section 2 of the police request and consent form.
- Attach a cover letter outlining your skills, experience and why you would like to volunteer at Puke Ariki.
- Provide details of two referees.
- Send your application to the:
Visitor Experiences Coordinator
Private Bag 2025
New Plymouth 4340.