Updated Monday 25 May
Puke Ariki Museum, Library, Store, i-SITE, Taranaki Research Centre and the Community Libraries are now open.
There are some changes to the way we operate as we continue to Play it Safe and comply with the safe working rules for Alert Level 2:
- Public programmes will remain closed.
- There will be multiple cleans each day.
- We’ll be asking everyone to keep at least 2 metres from people you don’t know.
- We’ll need details for contact tracing.
- We’re asking for contactless payment if possible.
- You should stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
- We will be limiting entry and groups can’t top ten people.
- We’ll be asking for patience and kindness, as there might be a queue to get in.
Puke Ariki includes a museum, libraries, an i-SITE and a research centre. Select the part you would like to visit for information on location, parking, hours and facilities.
Puke Ariki Museum, Library, the i-Site and the Taranaki Research Centre are all open Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm and Saturday and Sunday 9am - 5pm. The Library is also open from 9am - 9pm on Wednesdays.
Hours vary for the community libraries.
To find out when we are open check out our Opening Hours.
Looking for a venue for your special occasion? You can hire the Puke Ariki Museum foyer or a selection of other rooms both at our central New Plymouth site and at some of our community libraries.