Design a Bookmark Competition
Our annual bookmark competition is back and we can't wait to see all of your beautiful designs.
• Date: June 1 - July 31 2022
• Location: Puke Ariki and Community Libraries
• Is it accessible? Yes
Winners will see their design turned into an official Puke Ariki bookmark plus the chance to win other exciting prizes!
This year's themes are:
- Favourite holiday activity
Our age categories are: Under 5 years, 6-8 years, 9-12 years, 13-17 years and adults.
There's no limit to how many times you can enter. Plus, you can find additional templates available from Puke Ariki and our Community Libraries.
Judging will take place from August 1 2022. Details of prizegiving to come!
Make sure you take a look at our Terms and Conditions below.
Terms and Conditions:
1. New Plymouth District Council, through Puke Ariki (the Council), is holding its annual design a bookmark competition to find the official bookmarks for 2022.
2. Entries open on 1 June 2022 and close at 5.00pm on 31 July 2022 (Promotion Period).
3. All entries must be submitted on an entry form and bookmark template available from Puke Ariki, any Council Community Library or online from the Puke Ariki website page (http://www.pukeariki.com).
4. Completed entries must be returned to Puke Ariki or any Council Community Library during the Promotion Period. Entries received after the Promotion Period will not be eligible for selection as an official bookmark.
5. Entry is open to New Plymouth District residents of all ages.
6. Employees of the Council and their immediate family members are eligible to enter, but immediate family members of the judging panel are ineligible to enter or win.
7. There is no limit to how many times an entrant can enter the competition.
8. One winner will be selected from each of the five age groups (Under 5s, 6-8 years, 9-12 years, 13-17 years and adults). Entrants may select any of the themes listed on the entry form. Highly commended entries may receive a prize at the Council’s discretion.
9. Entries must be original artwork. No unauthorised use of any copyright images, photographs, text or other material will be accepted.
10. Each winning entrant grants to the Council the right to reproduce his/her design on bookmarks and other promotional material now or in the future. No fee or royalties will be payable by the Council.
11. The winning entries will be selected by 9 August 2022 and the winners will be contacted by telephone. If the Council is unable to make contact with each winner after three attempts, the Council will be entitled to select another winner.
12. The Council’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The Council reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to re-draw the competition if an ineligible entrant is drawn.
14. The Council reserves the right to use the each winner’s name and photograph for promotional media and publicity purposes (including the social media and website pages of Puke Ariki and the Council).
15. When collecting personal information, the Council complies with the Privacy Act 2020 and the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987. This information is collected to ensure entry into the correct age category and to contact prize winners.
16. The Council may terminate, suspend, modify or cancel the competition (including without limitation varying the prize) at any time by notice published on the Puke Ariki website.
17. The parent or legal guardian of an entrant must consent to these terms and conditions before the entrant can participate.