Ngā Hoa o Puke ArikiFriends of Puke Ariki
Everyone needs Friends and Puke Ariki is no exception.
Friends of Puke Ariki is an independent membership organisation whose objective is to passionately support Puke Ariki.
Membership fees and donations support various programmes and projects at Puke Ariki that would not be possible without this additional funding.
Thanks to the support of the Friends, and in partnership with Ngāti Rahiri, in May 2013 Puke Ariki was able to complete extensive conservation work on an important taonga, ensuring its survival for generations to come. Read the Taranaki Daily News article about the project.
Another example is the Summer Reading Programme. Each year this programme helps encourage over 200 primary and intermediate aged children to keep up their reading over the school holidays. A time when they are in danger of losing many of the literacy gains they have worked so hard to achieve over the school year. Read about the Summer Reading Programme in the Taranaki Daily News.
Benefits of being a friend
- Signal your support for Puke Ariki
- 10% discount at the Taranaki Daily News Cafe
- 10% discount on retail purchases at the i-SITE and museum store
- Keep up to date with all of Puke Ariki's latest news
- Receive invitations to selected Puke Ariki events
- Enjoy special insights and behind-the-scenes peeks
- Connect with fellow culture, community and literature lovers
- Support special fundraising projects
How to join
Annual membership is just $20 single or $30 for a family.
Print out a PDF membership form and take your form and payment to any of the library branches or the i-SITE.
Friends of Puke Ariki is a registered charity (CC49795).
Find out more
Email the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org