Subsidised Education Bus
More funding for 2024! Thanks TOI Foundation!
Puke Ariki (museum education) and Govett-Brewster/Len Lye Centre gratefully acknowledge the ongoing support from TOI Foundation to provide subsidised bus transport for eligible primary and secondary schools across the Taranaki region, to participate in education programmes.
The subsidy is calculated based on an Equity Index (EQI) and distance from our institutions, it is only available for Transit’s 40 seater and 20 seater buses. Schools with an EQI greater than 460 are eligible to receive a subsidy.
The buses may be booked for a visit to a single institution or for a rotation of programmes between both Puke Ariki and Govett-Brewster/Len Lye Centre. Subsidised transport is only available to each of these institutions. Each class from an eligible school can utilise the subsidy once per year and pre-approval must be given prior to booking with Tranzit.
- Please book your education programme/s first with either institution.
- Once you have a confirmed date for your education programme/s you can access the subsidy by contacting Puke Ariki Education (details below).
- Preapproval is required for the class/school and will be given by Puke Ariki Education to Tranzit for the relevant subsidy.
- Schools must contact Tranzit directly to book/organise your bus (06 757 5783).
Information on booking education programmes at:
- Puke Ariki Museum: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 06 759 6710.
- Govett-Brewster/Len Lye Centre: email@example.com or phone 06 759 0858.