TechWeekVR at Puke Ariki
Join us for a Virtual Reality experience at Puke Ariki, and marvel as you enter impossible places and magical worlds with our state of the art VR equipment.
What's it all about?
During Techweek19 (May 20 – May 26 ) Puke Ariki will be offering Virtual Reality experiences.
This is your chance to visit out-of-reach places and see amazing things without leaving New Plymouth!
Choose from one of the following on the day:
Experience the wonder and majesty of the ocean through different habitats and come face to face with some of the most awe inspiring species on the planet, including a huge whale!Learn more
Dreams of Dali:
Go inside and beyond Dalí’s painting and explore the world of the surrealist master like never before. Move around inside the painting in a fully immersive 3D environment.Learn more
All our VR experiences are free. Sessions are limited therefore booking is required.
Sessions are for one person and will last for 10 minutes.
Suitable for everyone aged over 5 (all children must be accompanied by an adult)
What will happen on the day
Please arrive 10 minutes before your booked time and wait in the Community Lounge, Level One, Puke Ariki Library.
You session will take place in our VR room. You will be seated for the experience and a host will be on hand to answer any questions you have.
• Players must be at least 5 years old
• Follow all instructions from the hosts
• Do not take part if you are sick, under the influence of alcohol/drugs, or have any serious pre-existing medical conditions that might be impacted by VR
• Please stay seated during the experience
• If you experience any discomfort or start feeling unwell remove the headset
• Can cause motion sickness
• VR may trigger epileptic seizures, seizures, fainting, or severe dizziness even in people who have no history of these conditions. If you have a previous history of epilepsy or seizures, loss of awareness, or other symptoms linked to an epileptic condition, consult your doctor before using VR. To reduce the likelihood of a seizure do not use VR if you are tired.
• The product can emit radio waves that can interfere with the operation of nearby electronic devices. If you have a cardiac pacemaker or other implanted medical device, do not use the product until you have consulted with your doctor or the manufacturer of your medical device.