Lynda.com is an online learning platform that you can access from you PC or mobile device for free with your library card. You can expand your skills anytime, anywhere and you can spend as much or as little time learning as you like. The courses are video-based, taught by industry experts and range from programming to design, with business and basic technology options too and much more.
Getting started from the website
- Go to Lynda.com online
- Enter your library card number and PIN
- Complete your profile by providing your name and email address
- You're now ready to start learning!
Getting started from the app
- Download the Lynda.com app to your phone or tablet via Google Play or the App Store
- Select the Organisation tab and go to the web portal section. Enter our web portal address, which is newplymouthnz.com
- You will be redirected to the website, enter in your library card number and PIN.
- You will be directed back to the app and asked to accept the Terms & Conditions.
- If you have already created a profile on the website, Lynda.com will have your name and preferences associated with the account.
- You're now ready to start learning.
Browse or search the courses and videos.
Courses are made up of an instructional videos and sometimes hands-on downloadable exercises.
You can watch just one video, complete an individual course or work towards a goal by completing a learning path or a progression of courses.
All courses are graded beginner, intermediate or advanced.
You can create playlists or download courses to complete when you're offline.
Lynda.com remembers your progress so you can pause and come back later.
Make notes within Lynda.com while you watch.
For every course you complete, you’ll receive a certificate that you can add to your LinkedIn profile, Facebook page or Twitter account.