There are many things to consider when planning a visit to Puke Ariki. Teachers may choose to lead their own Museum visits.
To assist you in your planning our guidelines are:
- There is no charge for educational visits to Puke Ariki or Aotea Utanganui.
- For schools outside the region there may be a small charge depending on the exhibition or activity.
- Please let us know prior to your visit if you have students with special needs, so we can provide the best learning experience for them.
- Booking enquiries for visits to Puke Ariki and Aotea Utanganui can be made online.
- All sessions are available in Te Reo Māori. Please discuss this option with staff when booking.
- A RAMS form is available on our website to assist with your planning requirements.
- Photographs of students at work may be taken during class visits and used in Puke Ariki marketing or promotional material, including the Puke Ariki website, education blog and Programme. Please notify us prior to your visit if you do not have the caregiver’s permission for images to be used in this manner.
But wait...there's more! When planning a visit to Puke Ariki we encourage you to also consider:
- Research opportunities in the Taranaki Research Centre
- Library skills in Discover it!
- 'I Digress' Scavenger Hunt through the Puke Ariki museum galleries
- Guided tours of the museum galleries and exhibitions
- A visit to the Govett Brewster Art Gallery
► Information on Self Guided visits