Puke Ariki respects and protects the privacy of our website users.
The collection and use of personal information by Puke Ariki is regulated by the Privacy Act 1993. Under this Act personal information may be collected only for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of Puke Ariki and only if necessary for that purpose. You may have access to that information and may request changes to it.
Collection of personal information
Puke Ariki collects, retains and updates personal information about you which you provide both:
- Directly, for example by you sending us an email enquiring about information on Puke Ariki services or events, or to go on mailing lists; and
- Indirectly through your use of this site and the services and functionality offered through it.
Please note that we may collect website visitors' contact information, e.g. email addresses. This information may be used to send general promotional material about our activities which we believe may be useful to you, and to respond to queries arising from our website. Notwithstanding this, we would only use or disclose personal information that you have provided to us or which we have obtained about you if:
- You have authorised us to do so;
- We have informed you of the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure; or
- We are authorised, required or permitted by law to use or disclose the information, e.g. for law enforcement.
Puke Ariki intends to provide overall statistics about users, site use, demand for relevant products, services, facilities and information, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third parties. These statistics will not include any information which personally identifies you.
All enquiries about or formal requests for information in terms of the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987, or the Privacy Act 1993 should be made in writing to:
New Plymouth District Council
Private Bag 2025
New Plymouth 4342
For more detailed information about the Privacy Act you can refer to the Privacy Commissioner's Guide to the Privacy Act 1993. If you are concerned that Puke Ariki may have breached the Privacy Act or if you are not sure of our obligations, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner on the Privacy Hotline at 0800 803 909, or go to: http://www.privacy.org.nz/