- You can borrow up to 40 physical items on your card at one time.
- You can borrow 10 ebooks or eAudiobooks on ePukaPuka (Overdrive).
- You can borrow 4 ebooks or eAudiobooks on Bolinda
- Books and audiobooks are issued for 4 weeks
- Bestseller books are issued for 2 weeks
- DVDs and magazines are issued for 1 week (some box set DVDs are issued for longer)
- Ebooks and eAudiobooks are issued for 2 weeks. Titles expire automatically unless they are renewed.
You can renew books online through your user account, at any library or over the phone (06 759 6060). You can renew books twice, providing no other user has reserved them and they are not overdue.
You can reserve an item online through the catalogue, by going into your library or over the phone (06 759 6060). Once you have found the item in the catalogue, click on Place Hold
, log in to your user account and confirm that you would like to reserve the item. A $1.50 charge applies to all holds requested on an adult card (reserves are free for children). You will receive a notification to let you know when the item is available for collection. You can nominate to receive notifications by email, text message or paper notice.
Library books and other material can be returned to Puke Ariki or any of the community libraries even if they were not borrowed from that particular branch. There is also a library returns box in the Puke Ariki museum carpark on St Aubyn Street.
We can set up email or text message alerts to let you know when you have items due back. If you would like alerts added to your card please come in and see one of our friendly staff, phone us (06 759 6060) or complete the contact us form.
If you do not return your items on time you will be charged overdue fines. These are outlined in fees and charges.
To pay your overdue fines please visit your local library.