Who can join the library?
- Membership is free to all residents and property owners in Taranaki.
- If you are from outside the region you can join for $20 for three months. There is a limit of 5 items on a visitor card.
Membership allows you to:
How to join
- Sign up online for temporary membership which enables you to access our online resources, such as PressReader, and download ebooks and eaudiobooks straight away! You will need to go in to a library within 2 weeks to complete your registration.
- Visit one of our libraries and sign up in person
What to bring with to join?
- Bring in two forms of identification to Puke Ariki or a community library. One form of ID needs to have your full name and signature e.g. bankcard or driver's licence, and the other should show your name and current address e.g. bank statement, phone bill etc.
- When applying for visitor membership you need to have contact address details in Taranaki and in your hometown, as well as signature/photo ID.
- If you are under 18 you also need to bring a parent or guardian to sign your form. They will need ID as noted above.
When joining please notify staff if you wish to receive notices and/or event information via email.
Your membership will remain active provided you use it at least once every 2 years.