join the library
Joining Puke Ariki Libraries opens up a world of learning, entertainment, relaxation and discovery – and it is easy!
Membership is free to all residents and property owners
of Taranaki. Visitors from outside the region can also become members for a fee of $20 per three month period.
Membership allows you to:
- Borrow from any of our libraries
- Access members only internet PCs
- Access your library account online
- Enter special exhibitions for free
- Receive regular event updates
- Obtain priority for some research services
How to join
- Sign up online for a temporary membership which enables you to access our online resources, such as PressReader, and download ebooks and eaudio books straight away!
- Then bring two forms of identification, one with your current address e.g. bank statement, telecom bill etc. and either photo ID or a card with your full name and signature e.g. bankcard, drivers licence to Puke Ariki or any Community library to finalise your application and receive your library card.
- If you are under 18 you also need to bring a parent or guardian to sign your form. They will need ID as noted above.
When joining please notify staff if you wish to receive notices and/or event information via email.