Hāpai: Celebrating Taranaki ArtistsHāpai: Celebrating Taranaki Artists
Ground Floor Entrance, Puke Ariki Library
Current exhibition is on display until 22 March 2019
Artists on display include Richard Landers, MiSun Kim, Celeste Cole and Howard Tuffery
Hāpai is an ongoing series that showcases artists living in Taranaki. Hāpai, meaning to ‘uplift’, ‘elevate’ or ‘support’, embodies Puke Ariki’s vision of building strong relationships with community groups in our region.
Watch this space change every four months, as Taranaki artists display their latest creations. New displays open every March, July and November.
Submitting an Artwork for consideration
Puke Ariki invites artists living in Taranaki to submit one
artwork for consideration in each of the three intakes during the year. Artworks are judged blind by our Puke Ariki Hāpai team. If successful the artwork will be on display for the following time periods:
- Intake one: March to mid-July
- Intake two: late July to November 2019
- intake three: late November to March 2020.
If successful Puke Ariki reserves the right to use images of the artwork in promotional material, on its website and on social media. During the exhibition artworks will not be for sale through Puke Ariki.Submission Information
We need to have the following information to accept a submission:
- title, date, media and dimensions (mm) of your artwork
- a short biography about the artist and the artist's affilation with Taranaki (200 words maximum)
- a statement about your artwork (200 words maximum)
- other important details (duration, weight, display requirements if applicable)
- up to five good quality digital images of your artwork (3MB maximum). These images will be used by the selection panel to consider your artwork so please make sure they are clear, bright and positioned correctly.
For more information send us an email
or visit the Taranaki Research Centre at Puke Ariki (Library, Level 2).
Submissions Open for Intake One
Submissions for intake one are OPEN from 9.00am, 28 January until 5.00pm, 25 February 2019. Successful artists for this round will be advised by 1 March 2019 and artworks need to be delivered by the artist to Puke Ariki by 18 March 2019.
Before entering please read the Terms and Conditions.
To submit an artwork click on the button below and complete the form.Submit Artwork